Highest Degree Level
Ashford University has as many admission options as it does types of students. Admissions requirements for undergraduate, graduate, transfer, and continuing education students will vary depending on the type of degree or program you choose to pursue. Ashford University assigns students an admissions counselor before they apply, to assist prospective students in every step of the process. Though admissions requirements vary, decisions are made on a rolling basis, making Ashford University accessible to most students.
Transfer students and credits are accepted, with 90 hours being the maximum that a prospective Ashford student may bring into the university. Transfer credits are subject to institutional approval from Ashford University faculty and staff. Prospective undergraduate students must complete the online application, talk with an admissions counselor, a financial aid advisor, and provide all relevant transcripts and other admissions documents required before enrolling in Ashford University courses.
Specific admissions requirements will vary by department and selected program of study. Click here for comprehensive admissions information from Ashford University.
The Online Classroom
Ashford University was founded in 1918 as Mount St. Clare College. Its campus is in Clinton, Iowa, but Ashford University caters to online students the world over. Ashford’s online classrooms encompass many degree programs, from a bachelor’s degree in business to health science and education. Students at Ashford University can complete their degree entirely online, and will connect with their professors and colleagues in the process.
Students at Ashford University have attendance requirements, even in asynchronous courses. Academic participation and engagement is paramount, and students will complete assignments, essays, and exams online. Most professors have students engage at least two times per week, though some classes will require more or less online participation. Discussion boards, group projects, and short essay questions designed as blog posts are not uncommon in Ashford University’s online classrooms. In order for your degree to train you for your career, participation and completion are key.
Typically, students take asynchronous courses in Ashford’s online platform, and may complete them within reason at their own convenience. Minimum attendance requirements are common, and students should be mindful of similar policies, as they may differ by course of study. Usually, students enrolled in lower level undergraduate courses are required to log in and attend class at least once per week. Upper-level courses may require students’ presence bimonthly. Courses are not offered at specific class meeting times, which increases the convenience of your Ashford University education.
Certain program restrictions may apply to residents of Arkansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, and non-US residents. For more information about on-time completion rates, the median loan debt of students who completed each program, and other important information, please visit: http://ashforddisclosures.com/
Click here for more information about the online classroom at Ashford University.
Faculty at Ashford University are committed to both their fields of study and online learning. Most professors will have a terminal degree in their field, as well as real-world professional experience. Faculty and staff are trained in Ashford University’s online course format, and will be there to assist you every step of the way. Professors will provide students with online access to course materials, including course syllabi and Constellation — an Ashford University cross-platform app for electronic textbooks.
Ashford University prides itself on having a world-class faculty that truly enjoy the world of online education. Faculty and staff members regularly participate in social media discussions involving pedagogy and university mission, including Google+ “hangouts” and other services. At Ashford University, you will find engaged and active faculty, ready to assist and guide students to achieve their academic goals.
Why We Stand Out
- Ashford University offers many full online degree programs at all levels — associate, bachelor’s, and master’s.
- Ashford University has an active alumni network that helps career-driven students stay connected and up-to-date.
- Ashford University’s top priority is institutional effectiveness. Faculty and staff are ready to help students on each step of their educational journey, fostering both academic growth and furthered professional relevance.
- Ashford University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org).
- Ashford University is a truly 21st century college. Ashford has developed a university app, as well as using the Constellation app for electronic textbook. All of your courses will be conducted fully online in Ashford University’s unique learning portal.
- Outstanding online students at Ashford University are eligible for the dean’s list. Other honors societies on campus include Golden Key, Alpha Sigma Lambda, and Phi Theta Kappa.
As a prospective Ashford University student, you have many options available. Students will work with a dedicated financial advisor throughout their time at Ashford University. All incoming students seeking financial aid must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a Master Promissory Note. In order to receive financial aid, students must have a complete application file, as well as several other necessary documents submitted.
Ashford University has partnered with Financial Aid TV in order to help students parse what can often be a difficult process. Part-time and full-time financial aid may be available based on need and/or merit. Your financial counselor will help you make the proper determinations about funding your online degree program at Ashford University. Click here for more information on your options for financial aid at Ashford University.
- Bachelor’s in Child Development
- Master of Arts in Healthcare Administration
- Bachelor’s in Applied Linguistics
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Arts in Organizational Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor’s in Psychology
- Bachelor’s in Sustainable Enterprise Management
Online Colleges in Iowa
- Central College
- Clarke College
- Buena Vista University
- Iowa State University
- Mercy College of Health Sciences