Ball State University
2000 University Ave
Muncie, Indiana 47306
Highest Degree Level
Back in 1918, the state of Indiana accepted a gift from the Ball brothers. This gift was the former Indiana Normal Institute which they had purchased the year before. By 1922, the school became the Ball Teachers College. After years of continual growth and an official split from Indiana State University, the school became Ball State University. The university now offers seven academic colleges, 175 bachelor’s, 103 master’s, 17 doctoral degrees, and more than 60 options for online degrees and certificates.
Students are able to apply to Ball State if they will be a graduate of high school or will earn a GED. Admissions advisors will review all applications to make sure that students have the skill set for success at Ball State. Through the open enrollment program, students will be informed of their admission as soon as all of their criteria have been reviewed. In addition to a high school education, undergraduate students are expected to provide the university with proof of high school curriculum, competitive GPA and SAT/ACT scores, grade trends, and participation in extracurricular activities.
Potential graduate students need to have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and provide Ball State with official transcripts to show academic promise. Students will need to check for additional admissions requirements by the program of their choice.
The Online Classroom
Ball State does not just teach at their students, but they will work with them to make sure they experience what they are learning. This philosophy is known as immersive learning. Immersive learning will allow student teams to work together to solve problems for community partners. This learning style not only allows students to gain real life experience, but it will also allow students to earn a degree in the process.
Through online learning, students can chose from more than 60 online programs and certificates. Ball State will work with each student to empower them with quality educational choices from anywhere in the world. More than 8,000 students are currently enrolled in a web-based course through the university.
Ball State University employs top scholars who not only love to teach and reach their goals, but who will also work with students to achieve theirs. Ball State’s faculty and students come from all over Indiana, the U.S., and the world. Through undergraduate and professional programs, students will work side by side with faculty members in immersive learning.
Faculty members are also innovators in online education. They have access to ongoing professional development in relation to online learning and teaching. At Ball State, students will learn from faculty members and technology specialists that create a meaningful and exciting online experience.
Why We Stand Out
- Ball State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Ball State is a ranked research university by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
- Ranked eighth among “up and coming” colleges and universities in 2011 and seventh in 2012 for having a Top Online Education Program by U.S. News and World Report
- Named one of the best universities in the Midwest and one of the best 150 values among the nation’s most academically outstanding colleges by The Princeton Review for seven years
- Ball State is currently investing more than $20 million in ensuring that students have access to innovative and entrepreneurial opportunities in emerging media across all curriculum.
Having earned the recognition as one of the nation’s “best value colleges” by the Princeton Review, Ball State works with each student to help make college more affordable. Students will work with financial aid advisors that will show students the steps to take throughout the financial aid process. By applying for financial aid, grants, loans, and scholarships, students are able to earn a higher education while keeping costs relatively low.
- Associate of Science in Business Administration.
- Associate degree in general arts
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of General Studies
- Master of Arts in Educational Psychology
- Master of Business Administration
- Doctor of Education
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Online Colleges in Indiana
- Bethany Theological Seminary
- Indiana Business College
- Indiana State University
- Indiana University
- Indiana Wesleyan University