Pennsylvania State University
201 Old Main
University Park, Pennsylvania 16802-1589
Highest Degree Level
Pennsylvania State University is a public, research university with multiple locations in Pennsylvania. The university was founded in 1855 on the mission of teaching, research, and public service. The main campus is located in University Park. Today, the university has grown to be one of the largest universities in the United States. Through all of the different campus locations, students can choose from more than 160 majors.
Students that wish to enter the university after high school are encouraged to have their applications submitted before December during their senior year. Admissions decisions for entering freshman are typically based on high school performance, test scores, class rank, and personal and activities statements. Test scores are used differently depending on the programs that students are wishing to enter.
Admissions requirements for graduate students differ based on the program. Basic entry requirements will include submitting an application for admission, undergraduate degree from an accredited university, and submission of undergraduate transcripts. Depending on their major, students might also be required to submit a resume, recommendations, test scores, and a personal statement.
The Online Classroom
Online learning is not new to Penn State. The university founded one of the nation’s first correspondence classes and was the first major accredited universities to provide online education. The University strives to offer all students access to a Penn State education. By offering online classes, students will be able to take classes even if they have to juggle a family or career.
All online programs offer the same academically challenging courses that are taught on campus. The online class format is flexible and asynchronous so that students are able to learn on their earn terms.
Students that attend Pennsylvania State University will learn from the top researchers in their field. As a Carnegie Research University, Penn State works to provide the best research in the nation. Students will have the opportunity to work alongside faculty members as they make new discoveries and build on old disciplines.
Why We Stand Out
- Pennsylvania State University has been ranked as “Best Graduate School” by U.S. News and World Report
- Academic Ranking of World Universities has ranked Penn State on the ranking of the “Top 100 World-Class Universities”
- Penn State ranks as the top producer of Fulbright scholars among all institutions in the nation
- Penn State is considered in the top 1 percent of higher education institutions worldwide by Times Higher Education World Rankings
- Penn State rates among the top 100 higher education institutions nationwide by Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Smartmoney magazine ranks Penn State on “Colleges That Help Grad Get Top Salaries”
The office of student aid offers students up to date information in regards to their financial aid options. They offer students an online step-by-step guide about how to apply for financial aid.
In addition to helping students apply for financial aid, the office will help students find assistance through grants, scholarships, and loans. The office will also help show students how their financial aid related to their tuition bill and how to complete their registration.
- Bachelor of Arts in Advertising/Public Relations
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts in Energy and Sustainability Policy
- Bachelor of Science in Economics
- Master of Applied Statistics
- Master of Professional Studies in Community and Economic Development
- Master of Engineering Management
- Master of Health Administration
Online Colleges in Pennsylvania
- Alvernia University
- Chatham University
- Eastern University
- Manor College
- Peirce College