800 Country Club Rd
Waterbury, Connecticut 06723
Highest Degree Level
Located in Waterbury, Conn., Post University is an institution dedicated to helping students reach their goals both personally and professionally. This traditional four-year university offers a variety of online degree programs making it convenient for students to earn a degree from anywhere in the country.
Those who wish to enroll in an associate or bachelor’s degree program must fill out an application online and submit the required documentation. Students who are attending college for the first time are required to submit an official high school transcript that includes their graduation date or their official GED test scores as proof of completion of a GED program.
Applicants who have already completed more than 30 college credits are not required to submit their official high school transcripts, although they are required to provide official transcripts from any institution of higher education where that credit was earned. Those who have previously attended an accredited two- or four-year institution may transfer college credits from courses in which they made a C- or higher, as long as their cumulative GPA is at least a 2.0.
To be eligible to enroll in a graduate program at Post University, students must have completed a bachelor’s degree at a regionally accredited college or university in which they had a minimum cumulative GPA of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Students who are interested in applying to a graduate program must submit a completed application as well as all official transcripts from previously attended accredited colleges or universities. To further prove that they are ready for the academic challenges of graduate work, applicants must also submit a minimum of two letters of recommendation that detail their ability to succeed academically at an advanced level and a typed personal statement that is one to two pages in length.
Some applicants may have to meet additional requirements depending on the nature of the program they are applying to. For example, they may be required to participate in a personal interview or submit documentation detailing their work experience or academic achievement. Those who do not meet minimum admission requirements may be offered conditional acceptance, while those who are denied admission do have the option to request an appeal. At Post University, graduate admissions operate on a rolling basis with deadlines varying by program. For more information about specific admissions requirements and application deadlines, visit Post University online admissions.
The Online Classroom
Beginning in 1890 with traditional programs that took place solely on campus, Post University decided to take their programs online in 1997. Online courses are conducted during modules that last eight weeks, with a total of six modules occurring during each school year.
Students are allowed to enroll in two courses at a time and earn a total of six credits during each module. With small class sizes and student-to-faculty ratio, students in online programs don’t have to worry that the lack of face-to-face interaction will hinder the quality of instruction or amount of attention they receive from professors.
All homework assigned by professors can be completed entirely online. Post University emphasizes writing in their curriculum; be prepared to have to turn a minimum of one writing assignment per course. To complete assignments, both writing and otherwise, it is recommended that Post students plan on dedicating nine hours every week on each three-credit course they are enrolled in.
At Post University, faculty members are typically required to hold at a master’s degree or higher. In addition to educational requirements, Post University looks at potential faculty members’ professional work experience and prefers to hire individuals that have extensive knowledge and experience in their field.
Post University professors and faculty members have also been published in various publications and have participated in presenting at state and national conferences.
Why We Stand Out
- Post University has a program dedicated to meeting the needs of military personnel, military dependent students, and veterans. Post also lowered tuition costs so that they could be covered under the G.I. Bill. The university is dedicated to minimizing expenses for military students and their dependents
- Post University provides many options for higher education. The online curriculum is designed to be easily accessible for students that have careers, family obligations, or other demands on their time
- For enrolled students, Post University provides online tutoring. The tutoring website also provides a mobile app for phones, iPads, and iPods, for on-the-go assistance
- For both current students and alumni, Post provides extensive career services. These services include guidance programs, counselors, assessments, resume help, business etiquette training, and interview practice
- Despite the distance component of Post University’s online education program, Post provides counseling services for students in need. Whether dealing with the adjustment to college or suffering from depression, students can turn to Post University’s counseling center to speak with professional psychotherapists
Once a student has been accepted to Post University, they can apply for financial aid. They are eligible to do so as long as they are taking at least six credit hours and as long as documentation is completed prior to one week before classes start. Post encourages students to apply for financial aid through the government’s student loan website to see if they qualify for a grant or low-interest loan.
Students also have the option of borrowing from one of Post’s recommended lenders. If a lender is listed on Post’s website, a student can be assured that the lender’s services are tried and true, as well as beneficial for the student.
Post University also accepts employment reimbursement for students whose employers are covering the cost of education. In this situation, Post requests a letter on company stationery stating the intent to reimburse.
Students also have the option of applying for outside scholarships that relate to their majors of interest. For students enrolled in master’s programs at Post, it is also possible to find private research fellowships and grants that relate to their studies and research.
- Bachelor of Science in Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Education in Instructional Design and Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Marketing
- Graduate Certificate in Corporate Innovation
Online Schools in Connecticut
- Central Connecticut State University
- Charter Oak State College
- Goodwin College
- Hartford Seminary
- Southern Connecticut State University