OnlineColleges.net’s privacy statement explains how information provided by you on OnlineColleges.net is compiled and used by us.
Personal Information Compilation and Utilization
While you use OnlineColleges.net, we have the right to collect from you the following personal information:
- Demographic information, including your projected year of graduation, education, sex, hobbies, and zip code
- Your general contact Information, including your email address, mailing address, phone number
We may also engage in the common website practice of compiling information regarding your computer, including, but not limited to, your IP Address and operating system.
Compiled information is used to:
- Decipher online college degrees suitable for you and offer you useful information for accomplishing your career goals and obtaining an excellent, practical online education that meets your scheduling needs
- Provide you with requested school information
- Provide customer service
- Provide you with a newsletter
- Provide you with marketing communications
- Provide you with answers to your inquiries and concerns
- Improve our Web OnlineColleges.net and marketing efforts, and otherwise assess the needs of our business
- Take part in research and analysis
You can opt-out of receiving our marketing information by unsubscribing. Instructions for doing so are located in emails you receive from us.
There exist circumstances in which we may provide your personal information to our contracted service providers; for instance, we may provide your personal information to a contracted customer relations service. If we share your personal information with third parties, it will be in the exact ways specified by this privacy statement. OnlineColleges.net will never sell the personal information we’ve acquired to third parties for their irrelevant marketing objectives.
If you defer your personal information to OnlineColleges.net, you will hereby make an “inquiry” that gives us, our affiliated entities, and our third party marketing partners and vendors the right to contact you. You will also provide consent, for a limited period of time, to our affiliates, partners, and vendors, to contact you by means of telephone, even if it is the case that you are on any governmental Do Not Call list, as your inquiry equates to an exclusion to all Do Not Call provisions.
In the event that OnlineColleges.net undergoes a merger with, acquisition of, or partakes in the sale of any of its assets to a third party, we have the right to disclose your personal information with your prior consent when we hold in good faith that disclosing said information will be to the benefit of protecting OnlineColleges.net’s legal rights as well as the safety of you or another, determining if fraud has taken place, or responding to a government demand during such business activities.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
Date of effect: August 18, 2012