Schiller International University
300 East Bay Dr
Largo, Florida 33770
Highest Degree Level
Schiller International University operates in five different countries and accepts applications from all over the world. The university does not discriminate when looking at applications. If students have any questions they can consult an admissions representative.
Students that seek associate degrees or bachelor’s degrees will have the same admissions requirements. Students will send all official documents in both their original language and certified English translations. This would include high school diploma, transcripts, and examination scores. Students will need to arrange and pay for all documentation to be evaluated by World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credentials Evaluator (ECE). Students will also need to provide proof of English fluency and proof of financial support.
Students that are seeking a master’s degree will have to meet the same requirements listed above, and have to submit evidence of a bachelor’s degree.
The Online Classroom
Though he died more than a century before its founding, Schiller International University was named after Friedrich von Schiller. The university was founded to help out the individual student. Higher education can be hard on attendees and the founders thought many new students got lost in the crowd. Since Schiller University wanted to give each individual a fighting chance, they modeled their education structure after Friedrich who exemplified the highest standards of ethics and the ideal of the educated.
Since each individual counts at Schiller, students will enter a close-knit community where they are taken seriously and all teachers know their name. Students will be encouraged to develop both their professional and creative views. All students will be given the skills that are needed to think creatively and critically, and to communicate effectively. In addition to fostering each student’s individual self, the university will also place an emphasis on international understanding. Students will work alongside faculty members and students from all over the world. This will help students become more aware of different cultural backgrounds and build friendships.
Though the university is located worldwide, they still understand the lives of busy students. Schiller University will work with students to provide them an online education at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Students will be able to earn their degrees from knowledgeable professors that will guide them through their educational journey. Students will be able to schedule their quizzes and assignments for when it is convenient for them.
No matter where the student chooses to learn, all campus locations offer students a faculty staff that will nurture each student’s educational development. All faculty members are highly skilled professionals that have years of experience. Their experience in both academic and professional areas will allow students to learn about real-world issues that are currently affecting our international society.
Why We Stand Out
- Schiller International University is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees. ACICS is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Its accreditation of degree-granting institutions is also recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- Has locations in France, Spain, the United States, and Germany
- Students can earn an associate degree in less than two years and a bachelor’s or master’s degree in less than three years online or abroad
- More than 95% of the student population is classified as a full-time student. More than 60% of the student population is female
- The university offers students open admission
American students that want to attend Schiller International University may apply for certain types of federal aid and grants to help cover the cost of their education. International students that need financial aid will need to talk to the Director of Financial Aid. Each country has different forms of financial aid available to students and detailed information is available.
For American students that need financial assistance, the U.S. Department of Education offers financial aid programs to all students that are eligible. The aid will cover school expenses, tuition and fees, room and board, books, supplies, and transportation. Students can fill out the FAFSA application to apply for all federal assistance.
Another route that students can take in order to finance their education is to obtain a private loan. Private loans are available to students who do not quality for other types of financial assistance. These loans are available to international and American students and will be at the discretion of the lender.
Schiller International is approved for training programs. VA Educational Benefits are designed to provide all qualifying military personnel with an opportunity for educational growth.
- Associate of Arts in General Studies
- Associate of Science in International Business
- Bachelor of Science in International Business
- Bachelor of Science in International Relations and Diplomacy
- Bachelor of Science in International Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration (International Business)
- Master of Business Administration (Management of Information Technology)
- Master of International Management
Online Colleges in Florida
- Florida Atlantic University
- Florida International University
- Rasmussen College – Florida
- University of Central Florida
- University of Florida