709 Mall Boulevard
Savannah, Georgia 31406
Highest Degree Level
Established in 1899, South University has several campuses across the southern United States, and a comprehensive online program for students seeking degrees through distance education. With campuses in Savannah, Ga.; Austin, Texas; Montgomery, Ala.; and several other southern locations, South University has a large and active worldwide alumni network. The university consists of six colleges: the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business, the College of Creative Arts and Design, the College of Health Professions, the College of Nursing, and the School of Pharmacy. Admission to the school does not necessarily guarantee admission to a certain college or program of study.
Prospective students at South University will undergo a three step admissions process. First, students should request information via South University’s website. After receiving and reviewing relevant information, students will then apply to the school. An admissions counselor will be available to help guide prospective students through this process. The third step of South University’s application process is financial planning, where the student will plan for payment and complete all necessary aid forms.
South University offers bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctoral degrees. Admission criteria will depend upon the type of degree being sought, as well as the specific program. South University is regionally accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and can award degrees from associate to doctoral.
Success is measured on a case-by-case basis, meaning that each student at South University will be measured by their own merit. International students, transfer students, and other non-traditional students are encouraged to apply. While admissions at South University does have standard transcript requirements, all qualified students are accepted on a rolling admissions basis.
Click here for the most recent academic catalog of South University’s programs and admissions requirements.
The Online Classroom
South University began offering online bachelor’s degrees in 2004, through its Savannah, Ga., campus. By 2005, other programs were offered — such as the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). South University began offering online doctoral programs in 2010. Online education at South University is seen as an extension of the academic excellence expected at their brick-and-mortar campuses, and students should be prepared to commit to a full course of study.
Online courses are offered during two of the four academic quarters, with each session running either six or 11 weeks in total. The interactive method used by South University for its online degree programs includes guest speakers, field trips, laboratory work, and flexible access to the online classroom at any time. Online lectures can be available through text, audio, and video presentations. Online students at South University have access to an online library containing scholarly resources and other curriculum support.
Students will have access to more than 60 databases of educational information, as well as a digital bookshelf for textbooks. South University is committed to providing excellent academic support to students through email, course discussion boards, or telephone.
The faculty of South University is committed to providing a unique experience for each student, and places a premium on service and support of the academic community. Professors are available by phone, email, and at other times discussed in course syllabi. Online faculty are as qualified and professional as traditional faculty, and some professors offer both online and offline courses with similar syllabi and identical assignments.
South University boasts many qualified and active faculty members. In the College of Business, for example, Dr. Dan Novak coordinates the Master of Science in Leadership program, after coming to South University with years of business education, experience, and accolades. Dr. Bruce Durham also teaches in the business school, and holds a doctorate in management as well as being a U.S. Air Force veteran. All professors at South University are committed to teaching their subject matter, and the school places a high premium on individualized student attention.
Why We Stand Out
- South University is committed to providing quality education to all its online and offline students. Those who seek educational challenges are welcome at South University.
- South University operates on a versatile academic quarter calendar, with online classes typically lasting between five and 11 weeks.
- South University was founded in 1899, and is regionally accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Boasting a broad and accomplished faculty, South University ensures that students receive individualized treatment and place a priority on their education.
- South University has many comprehensive degree programs in business, healthcare, pharmacy, design, and legal and criminal justice.
- South University alumni are active, and maintain a large network both online and off.
South University students may be eligible for many different types of financial aid. Prospective students will fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form as early as possible — it is step three of the admissions process. Students will need to complete this form every academic year. Student finance counselors are available to South University students to help them make the best decisions regarding paying for their education.
South University accepts financial aid in the form of subsidized or unsubsidized loans, grants, and scholarships. The university extensively participates in federal and other financial aid programs. After completing a FAFSA, South University will assign a Student Finance Counselor to aid in completing and accessing monies for education.
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner
- Bachelor of Business Administration with a specialization in Hospitality Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a specialization in Healthcare Administration
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Advertising Design
- Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) with a specialization in Organizational Behavior
Online Colleges in Georgia
- Albany State University
- Gwinnett Technical College
- Georgia State University
- Georgia Southern University
- Emory University